Looking for an Infrastructure Architect for a contract position with a major Insurance company client in Madison, Wisconsin.
The Infrastructure Architect is responsible for the planning and design of infrastructure technology solutions that support the business requirements and align with the Architecture standards and patterns.
This includes working with Architecture in the development and governance of infrastructure technology architecture standards, guidelines, and patterns.
Also involves working with technologists and Solution Architects to develop and implement solutions that reduce complexity, improve agility, and improve integration of infrastructure technology solutions.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes in production use cases
- Experience running applications at scale in Kubernetes.
- Extensive Linux experience, comfortable between Debian and RHEL based systems.
- Strong knowledge of the GitLab API for automating audit, provisioning, and governance tasks
- Extensive knowledge of CI/CD pipelines in GitLab
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- English written and verbal communication skills
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Delivery of GitLab runners in Kubernetes for application team use
- Creation of CI/CD pipeline templates for building, testing, and packaging and releasing cloud native applications.
- Architecting, designing and delivery of features from concept to production.
- Teach, mentor, grow, and advise other team members